Who doesn’t love tuna cheese melts? Okay well maybe some of you aren’t big fans like oh say my husband, but for those of us out there who do this is a must try. I was hanging out at my friend Heather’s (She is the amazing woman who helped me make this cake) and her girls have never had tuna cheese melts. She was a little leery on the whole idea because they can be picky eaters so we came up with this idea (mostly her 🙂 ) Really easy to throw together and it was just a spur of the moment type of thing. We thought it was a keeper (one little girl protested) but hey you’ll have that with just about anything right. The world has to have it’s critics.
Okay so we have this problem of sitting there and jabbing away (as many friends do when they’ve been friends for like 17 odd years) so I can’t tell you what temperature we baked these at or how long they were in for. I do believe we baked them at a lower temperature than what the biscuits called for and we just kept checking on them.
2 can’s of Tuna
Some Miracle Whip to your own liking
about 3/4 cup shredded cheese more or less to your own taste
And biscuits, I’m sure any kind will do. We went through about three cans of the ones we had.
Of course we forgot to take a picture of the most important ingredient, the TUNA. Gee whiz as if I’m not out of it enough by myself, we really make each other lost when we get going.
1. Preheat oven and then grease a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Mix together the tuna, cheese, and Miracle Whip.
3. Then flatten out each biscuit, we did it in our hands. You want them good and flat so they can hold enough of the mix and you still have room on the outside to pinch the edges together.
4. Start filling them up with the tuna mixture.
5. Put another biscuit on top and pinch them together. They may come apart while baking but that’s okay.
6. Throw them in the oven and watch for them to be done. My guess is that they weren’t in there really that much longer than what the biscuits called for. Dig in and enjoy 😀