During the summer we grill out a lot and I mean A LOT; I think at least four meals a week are cooked on the grill. Vegetables cooked on the grill are absolutely amazing and stay so crisp if you time them right. We used to always just season them which is really good just itself; then Josh had the brilliant idea to add honey to the mix and oh my goodness we have never gone back. Of course you can also cook these in the oven if you don’t have a grill.
3 Russet Potatoes
About a cup each of carrots and fresh green beans
1/2 an onion slivered
2 Tbs honey
1/2 Tbs garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 Tbs butter
- If you are cooking these in the oven I would recommend preheating it to 350 degrees F. Tear off a large piece of aluminum foil and set aside. Cut up your potatoes and place them on the aluminum foil.
2. Next place the carrots, green beans, onions, honey, and seasonings on top of the potatoes.
3. Toss them all together carefully and then place the butter cut up across the top of the vegetables.
4. Roll together the aluminum foil towards the middle lengthwise first and then roll in each end. Make sure everything is sealed up nice and tight.
5. Put it on the grill or in the oven for about 30 minutes. Cooking times may vary depending on your grill or oven. Serve it alongside your favorite grilled chicken or some nice juicy barbecued ribs. This is one of our favorite side dishes and I hope it will become your families too.
Don’t forget to check out some of my other recipes that your family is sure to enjoy 🙂